Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Reflection by KK


Overall I thought the Institute went well. I learned so much information and saw so many things that I was overwhelmed. I guess the only thing I would recommend for the future would be to give us time to process. Not just free time, but time after a lesson to talk about what we saw and how this affected us or how we might use it in our classrooms. Other than that, it was great!

I really enjoyed the Nature Place. I felt it was a good spot and centrally located. Good food and they did a great job trying to help me with my food allergies J
 
- It was nice to have a speaker in the know that was on a field trip pointing things out.
- It was nice to get out and do an experiment on a fire scene. The only thing was just the accessibility for those not in good shape or injured.
-The tour around the Nature Place was good. We got to see what some people had been talking about. -I liked a couple of the little lessons he talked about.
-I liked the lesson on ArcGIS. It seemed to be easy to follow.
-Fire Trunks – maybe a handout that gives an overview? The brief run-through was rushed and some of the materials were mixed up so it took time to figure out what was going on. Maybe have the supplies out and have people look at the overview to get a better idea of what was in each trunk.
-The two firemen that showed us the truck and how to make a fire line – excellent!!
-The lady that showed us the educational materials online was good. I wrote it all down.
-I really liked the brainstorming at the end. I would have liked more of that.
 
My brain got so full that I started to lose it at the end.  I can’t remember it as well because I was so saturated. It was all great information – I’m not sure how to make the end have the same impact as the beginning.

 It was a great Institute and I am so excited to share this information with my students!


No comments:

Post a Comment